By: Rachael Graber
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cups slice yellow onion
1 cup sliced bell pepper
1 eggplant (1/2 pound)
1 large zucchini
2 medium tomatoes
3 cloves garlic smashed
1.5 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh parsley
2-3 oz provolone cheese
3 tbsp grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Saute onions and peppers until browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Add sliced bell peppers and continue to cook 5-6 minutes more.
4. When done transfer to a large pan or casserole dish.
5. Slice eggplant, zucchini, and tomato all the same size (the best you can).
6. Layer the sliced veggies and add the garlic. Place mashed garlic on top of onions and peppers. Alternate eggplant, zucchini, and tomato, stacking and fanning them across the surface of the dish.
7. Top with salt and parsley, provolone and parmesan.
8. Drizzle remaining olive oil around sides of dish where veggies meet the pan.
9.Cover with foil, put olive oil on foil so cheese doesn’t stick.
10. Bake for 40 minutes. Then remove foil and broil for 5 minutes until nicely browned.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 45 min
Total time: 75-80 minutes